If you want to learn about Jacuzzi hot tubs you've come to the right place. The Jacuzzi hot tub blog is a one stop shop for everything you need to know before, during and after you have purchased your Jacuzzi hot tub. Browse our recent posts below to see what's new.
Jacuzzi owners already know this: when summer ends, hot tub usage heats up. The weather gets cooler, kids start new sports activities, and in general, everyone spends more time at home. It’s prime season for spas and hot tubs, so make sure yours is ready for action.
Prepare your hot tub for the cooler days ahead.
• Is your cover in good shape or is it time for a replacement? Your spa cover prevents leaves and dirt from getting into the water, and it keeps the heat inside to conserve energy.
• Start of a new season is a good time to check the filters – replace them if needed for maximum operating efficiency.
• Drain your spa for a thorough cleaning before serious winter weather sets in.
• Program your hot tub’s water temperature so it’s warm when you want to go in and in energy-saving mode at other times. The J-1000™ control system on the J-400™ Collection is the most advanced in the industry (super-easy to use, too).
Why you need hydrotherapy this fall.
• Has your workout routine changed from last summer, or are you just starting one? Hydro-massage soothes sore muscles and strains, and promotes flexibility.
• A 10-minute soak relaxes homework-stressed kids, and parents.
• When the days get shorter, immerse in a warm-water massage instead of holding down the sofa – you’ll probably sleep better afterwards.
People who own spas and hot tubs love to entertain outdoors in every season, too. Half-time during the game or last-minute Friday happy hour, you don’t have to make a big deal out of it – everyone enjoys a warm soak and good conversation.
Let’s face it. Everybody feels a little gloomy or off-balance once in awhile, sometimes for no reason. My grandmother used to describe it as being “down in the dumps.” This may surprise you, but hydrotherapy can help us beat the blues!
I’m not talking about throwing a wild hot tub party (but go ahead, if that works for you). The combination of heat, buoyancy and massage that you experience in a Jacuzzi truly is hydro “therapy.” It can lift your spirits, coax you into a better frame of mind, and help your body function more smoothly.
Here’s how a Jacuzzi session can affect your mood in positive ways:
A hot tub lets you get away from it all. Spas and hot tubs are backyard escapes from the harried world of computers, cell phones and TV. Even a few moments of freedom from these typical stressors can give you the chance to slow down and find balance.
Physical warmth may improve emotional wellbeing, according to a series of Yale University studies. The studies cited evidence that when people feel lonely or isolated, they take long, warm baths and showers “to restore the missing warmth.” Spas and hot tubs have the same effect.
The relaxing properties of hydromassage can soothe anxiety and depression. Massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol – too much can increase blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Massage can also boost the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which can help relieve depression.*
There are many ways to lift your spirits and boost your body’s production of feel-good signals (chocolate is quick and easy!). Jacuzzi owners can take advantage of the naturally therapeutic benefits of warm-water massage every day.
Shoppers always ask about the work involved in taking care of hot tubs and spas. With our new Jacuzzi models, maintenance is incredibly simple, thanks to advanced filtration and purification systems. I should say “thanks” to our engineers! The innovative technology used to design the optimum system for each specific model means everything works in sync. The water stays cleaner longer and chemical usage is minimal.
Here are 5 simple tips to keep your hot tub’s water clean, systems running smoothly, and everything looking new:
• Use only the best hot tub parts and supplies: genuine Jacuzzi products.
• Clean and replace your filters as needed.
• Remove leaves and debris from your hot tub cover and keep it clean. Ask your Jacuzzi dealer about easy maintenance for your model’s cover.
• Avoid going into the water with oils and heavy lotions on your skin – they can leave a film on the sides of the hot tub.
• Drain, clean and refill your spa every 3-4 months, depending on your usage.
The best hot tub breakthrough in easy water maintenance is the CLEARRAY® Water Purification System. It uses natural UV-C light technology and doesn’t add any gas or chemical by-products to the water. You can cut down the amount of chemicals needed by about 50%, and it instantly kills up to 99% of waterborne bacteria. You can relax because the water’s clear and fresh without a lot of work on your part.
To get details on maintaining specific models, the person to talk to is your authorizedJacuzzi Hot Tubs dealer. They know the models inside and out, and have experience helping people who have purchased hot tubs and spas. I recommend contacting a Jacuzzi dealer near you or stopping by the showroom to learn more.
Yes, hot tubs and spas can help you cope with the pain and stiffness caused by arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation recommends warm-water therapy, and research confirms its benefits.
Hot tubs and spas provide a type of hydrotherapy that is more effective than simply soaking in a warm bath. But not all tubs are created equal. Here are three ways Jacuzzi hydrotherapy helps arthritis sufferers:
1) Patented jets with full adjustability allow you to change the intensity of the hydro- massage for sensitive joints and muscles.
2) We design certain hot tubs and spas to be easier to get into and out of than typical models. You can add non-slip steps with handrails for safer accessibility.
3) Our seating is engineered to support the body comfortably in a variety of positions; from full-lounge seats to bench seating that allows you to sit upright with feet squarely on the bottom of the hot tub.
With Jacuzzi hydrotherapy, three elements – heat, buoyancy and massage – join forces to provide an effective hydrotherapy experience. Heat stimulates blood flow to stiff muscles and joints to help reduce inflammation and pain. Buoyancy, which lifts the effects of gravity on the body, takes the pressure off joints and offers support that makes it easier to move frozen joints. Massage loosens tightness and helps soothe the discomfort caused by arthritis.
To quote an article in Arthritis Today, the magazine of the Arthritis Foundation, “Research has shown warm water therapy works wonders for all kinds of musculoskeletal complaints, including fibromyalgia, arthritis and low back pain.” Hydrotherapy can also help you stay active, sleep better and fight depression –important benefits for many of us, including arthritis sufferers.
We are pleased to announce our receipt of two 2013 Awards for Design Excellence (ADEX) for the J-495™ hot tub and CLEARRAY® Water Purification System.
“We are extremely honored to win these two prestigious awards,” said Tracine Marroquin, Vice President of Product Marketing. “These awards are a reflection of our ongoing mission to produce innovative, high-quality products for consumers.”
The J-495™, a commanding 9-person hot tub with an impressive 62-jet layout, and CLEARRAY® Water Purification System, which utilizes an exclusive ultraviolet technology, both received the Platinum ADEX Award for their innovation and design excellence.
Hosted by Design Journal, an international trade journal for interior designers, ADEX is the largest and most prestigious awards program for product and project design in the A&D industry. Each submission was judged by an anonymous panel of professionals representing a cross section of the design industry.
You have decided on purchasing a hot tub for your home. Now it is time to begin researching your perfect hot tub. Do you know how to shop for a hot tub? Do you know what you are looking for? Learn why the Aleman family decided on the Jacuzzi brand during their research for the perfect hot tub. How to buy a hot tub has never been simpler.
Are you like Dion and lack a good night’s sleep due to restless leg syndrome? Click the image below to watch a recent episode clip from The Doctors Show and learn what Doctor James Sears recommends for your restless legs…
Meet Jason, who can’t sleep well at night because of racing thoughts and a restless mind. On this episode of The Doctors show, Doctor Travis Stork explains how Jacuzzi hot tub hydrotherapy can help him calm his mind before bed. Watch the clip from the episode by clicking on the image below:
Louise, the first of four participants on The Doctors show discusses her painful arthritis symptoms. Doctor Andrew Ordon discusses why sitting in that hot tub healing machine is one of the best things you can do for your arthritis. Watch the clip from the episode by clicking on Louise’s image below: